Welcome to Fandango's Partner Developer Network
Fandango, the nation's leading moviegoer destination, sells tickets to nearly 20,000 screens nationwide. Fandango entertains and informs consumers with reviews, commentary, celebrity interviews and trailers, and offers the ability to quickly select a film, plan where and when to see it, and conveniently buy tickets in advance. Now you can bring Fandango's movie information expertise to your applications using our APIs or data feeds. Check out a summary of what we can help you offer your customers below.
- Theaters: Get information on all theaters in the United States and Canada*. Identify theaters in an area based on city/state, postal code, or lat/lon. Easily narrow results to just theaters that are playing a particular movie. Theater information available includes name, address, phone number, and available amenities (i.e. - stadium seating, game room, mobile ticketing, etc.) for each theater in our system. More Info
- Movies: Get information on all future, current, and historical movies in the Fandango system and narrow results to just movies playing in a particular area based on city/state, postal code, or lat/lon. Movie information available includes title, poster, release date, MPAA rating, runtime, cast members, genre, synopsis, and Fandango's fan rating. More Info
- Showtimes: Get showtimes for all theaters* playing a particular movie in an area, for all movies playing at specified theaters, or for all movies at all theaters in a specified area based on city/state, postal code, or lat/lon. Basic theater information, movie information, and all performance amenities (3D, reserved seating, no passes, etc.) are provided with the showtimes. Link showtimes in your application out to Fandango to allow for ticket purchases. More Info
- Editorial Content: Get lists of popular celebrities, top selling movies, and popular movies currently in theaters, or coming soon, that are hand-picked by the Fandango editorial team. More Info
* Theater and showtime data for theaters that do not sell tickets with Fandango is only available from Fandango for partners that have an existing data license agreement with Tribune Media Services.
Fandango's data described above is available via two solution options from Fandango.
- API: Get real-time data via a web service accessible through REST (Representational State Transfer). The standard model of a web service is employed: a client makes a request through a REST URL and data is returned to the client as an XML-formatted stream of text. Check out the API documentation for more information.
- Data Feeds: Get full sets of data for each category via an XML feed accessible via FTP. Theater, Movie, and Editorial Content data is updated once daily. Showtime data is updated every six hours. Check out the Data Feeds Specification for more information.